Monday, September 23, 2013

True Peace = Opportunity for Great Works; John 14-17

May the mumbling commence!

Emboldened by that wonderful peace of Christ, we are ready to do great things.  We are ready to continue the work of Christ and even make it better!  What a challenge!  What an opportunity!  Read from John chapter fourteen (NRSV):

“Very truly, I tell you, the one who believes in me will also do the works that I do and, in fact, will do greater works than these, because I am going to the Father.  I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  If in my name you ask me for anything, I will do it. (Verses 12-14)

Belief in Jesus is the key to doing great things.  Jesus already believes in us.  When will we choose to believe in him enough to follow his lead and go his Way?

So, let’s get a move-on!  Let’s glorify the Father and the Son.

Thanks be to Jesus Christ!

Enough mumbling for now…

Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment