Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Going Out on a Limb; John 14-17

May the mumbling commence!

Do you ever look at what you are doing ministry-wise and wonder if you haven’t gone too far out on a limb?  Well if you have, don’t worry.  It’s a part of walking the life of Jesus – in obedience to God.  Read from Peterson’s The Message paraphrase of part of John chapter sixteen:

“I’ve used figures of speech in telling you these things.  Soon I’ll drop the figures and tell you about the Father in plain language.  Then you can make your requests directly to him in relation to this life I’ve revealed to you.  I won’t continue to make requests of the Father on your behalf.  I won’t need to.  Because you’ve gone out on a limb, committed yourselves to love and trust in me, believing I came directly from the Father, the Father loves you directly.  First, I left the Father and arrived in the world; now I leave the world and travel to the Father.” (Verses 25-28)

When you’re out on a limb because of committing your life to love and trust in Christ, you’ll receive love directly from God.  When you’re out on a limb because you believe that Jesus came from God, you’ll receive love directly from God.  And that love means that the prayers that you pray will align with the Way of Jesus and that the prayers will be answered.

Let’s climb that giving tree, and go out on that limb.  The love of God through Jesus is well worth it.  There is no better goal.  There is no better place to be.

Enough mumbling for now…

Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment