Thursday, September 19, 2013

Joining Jesus on His Holy Ground; John 14-17

May the mumbling commence!

How important is it to Jesus that we join him where he’s at?  Well, this passage of Jesus’ teaching from John chapter fourteen to chapter seventeen begins and ends with that idea.  I would say it is the utmost importance to Jesus. 

The only question is…  Will we choose to join him?  The material in chapters fourteen through seventeen are important for finding our way to Jesus.  So we should stop and pay attention to the details!  Read from the first four verses of John chapter fourteen (NRSV):

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Believe in God, believe also in me.  In my Father's house there are many dwelling places. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, so that where I am, there you may be also.  And you know the way to the place where I am going."

Where Jesus is, there we will be also.  Jesus prepares the Way.  We only have to follow.  And in case we missed it, Jesus repeats this idea towards the end of his prayer in chapter seventeen.  Read the passage below (NRSV):

“Father, I desire that those also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory, which you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. 
Righteous Father, the world does not know you, but I know you; and these know that you have sent me.  I made your name known to them, and I will make it known, so that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them." (Verses 24-26)

May we seek to be by Jesus’ side so that we might see his full glory.  And this full glory is only made available to us as we begin to know Jesus and our heavenly Father more and more.  Welcome God and Jesus into your life.  Receive the Holy Spirit.

Only then will we know the full glory of a life lived to its fullest.  May we walk the path of obedience to God that Jesus trail blazed for us.

Enough mumbling for now…

Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment