Tuesday, September 24, 2013

No Excuses! John 14-17

May the mumbling commence!

Thanks to the work of Jesus and the work of our spiritual ancestors, we have no excuse.  We have every reason to believe in Jesus.  The balance of our eternal lives rests upon us.  Will we answer the call?  Read from John chapter fifteen (NLT):

“The people of the world will hate you because you belong to me, for they don't know God who sent me.  They would not be guilty if I had not come and spoken to them. But now they have no excuse for their sin.  Anyone who hates me hates my Father, too.  If I hadn't done such miraculous signs among them that no one else could do, they would not be counted guilty. But as it is, they saw all that I did and yet hated both of usme and my Father.  This has fulfilled what the Scriptures said: 'They hated me without cause.'” (Verses 21-25)

We have not only the words of Jesus recorded for us in the gospels and the New Testament, we also have the works of Jesus recorded.  And they are written words we can believe in.  These words in the Scriptures were inspired by the Holy Spirit of God.

So, do we choose to love or hate Jesus?  Do we choose to be known more by what we hate than by how we love?  These are important… yes essential questions to ask of ourselves.

Let us choose to love Jesus and our heavenly Father.  And, by loving them, we also obey their commands.  And we are commanded to love one another.

Each of us makes a choice every day, and we have no excuses for our behavior.  We know the Jesus revealed in Scriptures.  We continue to seek to know him and be shaped by him.  What choice will we make today?  What about all our tomorrows… how will we choose?

Remember – we have no excuse.

Enough mumbling for now…

Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment