Thursday, September 12, 2013

Being with Jesus; John 14-17

May the mumbling commence!

Today, we finish looking at the prayer of Jesus recorded in John chapter seventeen.  And we learn to be with Jesus is to enjoy a continuous revealing of God… that brings glory to God and that glory shines upon us.  Read from John chapter seventeen (NLT):

Father, I want these whom you've given me to be with me, so they can see my glory. You gave me the glory because you loved me even before the world began! 
O righteous Father, the world doesn't know you, but I do; and these disciples know you sent me.  And I have revealed you to them and will keep on revealing you. I will do this so that your love for me may be in them and I in them." (Verses 24-26)

Each day, we look forward to recognizing being in the presence of Christ Jesus.  To see Jesus in other people and in our daily surroundings is a foretaste of the glory that we will see in heaven.  They are like small teasers or appetizers that make us hungry for more.

O Holy Spirit, help us to seek out the Spirit of Christ so that we might see his glory and join in… becoming a part of it… so that we might glorify our heavenly Father.

May it be so!

Enough mumbling for now…

Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment