Monday, September 16, 2013

Love Courses through our Vine; John 14-17

May the mumbling commence!

But, what holds us together as branches and vine?  It is the love of the Great Gardener that courses through the vine.  Read from John chapter fifteen (NLT):

"I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love.  When you obey me, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father and remain in his love.  I have told you this so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow! 
I command you to love each other in the same way that I love you.  And here is how to measure it – the greatest love is shown when people lay down their lives for their friends.  You are my friends if you obey me. 
I no longer call you servants, because a master doesn't confide in his servants. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me.  You didn't choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce fruit that will last, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name.  I command you to love each other.” (Verses 9-17)

What do you get when you add abiding + listening + obedience?  You get love and joy.  And they both overflow any containers that we might try to contain it. 

So, why try?  Let the love and joy overflow to the people around us.  Love and joy from God is an endless supply.

Let us use this overflowing love and joy as fuel to love one another… even if that love will cost us our lives in this old world.  We are chosen to produce fruit.  Let’s get growing!

Enough mumbling for now…

Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment