Monday, September 9, 2013

Accept, Know, Believe. John 14-17

May the mumbling commence!

Jesus and the Father share and share alike.  And both of them have shared fully with us.  The only question is whether or not we receive what they have shared.  Read more from Jesus’ prayer in John seventeen (NLT):

"I have told these men about you. They were in the world, but then you gave them to me. Actually, they were always yours, and you gave them to me; and they have kept your word.  Now they know that everything I have is a gift from you, for I have passed on to them the words you gave me; and they accepted them and know that I came from you, and they believe you sent me.” (Verses 6-8)

We belong to God.  God has put us into the capable hands of Jesus.  And Jesus still speaks to us through the Scriptures and through many others means inspired by the Holy Spirit.

Our job is simple – accept these words, know that Jesus came from God, and believe that God sent Jesus into the world.  Accept.  Know.  Believe.  Then you will belong.

Praise God!

Enough mumbling for now…

Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment