Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Opening Our Homes to God; John 14-17

May the mumbling commence!

Being obedient to God means extreme hospitality toward God – at all times, 24/7.  It is a tall task, but it is what love of God is made for.  Are you and I ready to welcome God into our homes for all eternity?

Though such a commitment will cost us much, we will not be able to count the benefits that we will receive because of what we’ve invested.  Read from John chapter fourteen (NIV):

Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.  He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.” (Verses 23-24)

And, if we open our lives to Jesus, we will be changed.  We will grow to reflect the love and light that Jesus shines with.  That bright light comes from obedience to the Father in heaven.

Let us open the doors of our homes, our church buildings, our businesses, our recreation buildings to God.  Change us so that we might bear fruit for God in all areas of our lives.

We are stronger with God in our lives.  Only with God can we live our lives to the fullest… and that is eternal life.

Enough mumbling for now…

Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment