Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Lord Is My Shepherd. Psalm 22-23; Philippians 4

May the mumbling commence!

God loves us.  That is without question.  God provides for us and directs us.  God shows us the way to transformation – personally and as a community.  God shows us the way to transform people we have trouble getting along with into friends… one that we share table fellowship with.

God is our Shepherd.  These thoughts are the deep compassionate love of God made known in Psalm Twenty-three.  It is a well known and well loved Psalm.  Psalm Twenty-three has made its way into the consciousness of people outside the circle of Christian faith.  This Psalm is beloved because it reminds us of God’s love for us through all times in our lives.  Read it below:

The Lord is my shepherd;
I have everything I need
He lets me rest in green meadows;
he leads me beside peaceful streams
He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name

Even when I walk through the dark valley of death,
I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me

You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies.
You welcome me as a guest, anointing my head with oil.
My cup overflows with blessings
Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.  

I find rest in the Lord… rest in green meadows and along peaceful streams.  And my strength is renewed.  With newfound strength, I will seek the path the Lord, my Shepherd, has put before me.

I greatly desire to honor the name of the Lord.

When hard times come up, I trust in the Lord’s presence and protection.  I am comforted.  My enemies will join me at the banquet prepared by the Lord.

My blessings overflow.  Thank you, God.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  Your loving care, O Lord, follows me wherever I go.  With You nearby, I will always dwell safely in Your house.  Praise God!

And I give thanks for the fellowship of all my Christian brothers and sisters.  Indeed our cups overflow!  Read from the end of Philippians in chapter four:

At the moment I have all I need – more than I need! I am generously supplied with the gifts you sent me with Epaphroditus. They are a sweet-smelling sacrifice that is acceptable to God and pleases him.  And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.  Now glory be to God our Father forever and ever. Amen. (Verses 18-20)

Yes!  No doubt about it!  God loves us.

Enough mumbling for now…


Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment