Monday, April 21, 2014

Stubborn Faith in God. Psalm 12-13; Ephesians 5

May the mumbling commence!

Be stubborn in your faith in the Lord God.  Stubborn faith in the face of all adversity… and of all prosperity will be rewarded.  God’s love is unfailing.  Read Psalm Thirteen:

O Lord, how long will you forget me? Forever?
How long will you look the other way? 
How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul,
with sorrow in my heart every day?
How long will my enemy have the upper hand? 

Turn and answer me, O Lord my God!
Restore the light to my eyes, or I will die. 
Don't let my enemies gloat, saying, "We have defeated him!"
Don't let them rejoice at my downfall. 

But I trust in your unfailing love.
I will rejoice because you have rescued me. 
I will sing to the Lord because he has been so good to me.

In his desolation, the psalmist feels abandoned… forgotten.  How long, O Lord, must we suffer indignation at the hands of evil people?  The question has been on our hearts and even our lips from time to time.

Don’t be afraid to ask questions like this one.  God can take it.  God can take it and transform it into something beautiful.

That is where our trust in the Lord comes in.  God’s love is unfailing.

Rejoice no matter the circumstances.  It is an attitude of gratitude deeply imbedded in the Lord.  Rescue will come from the Lord. 

Keep your eyes open.   Rescue may come in a form that we least expect.  And, when we see that salvation, let us sing unto the Lord who has been so good to us.

These are the kinds of songs that we sing when we embrace the life God is calling us to.  Read from Ephesians chapter five:

So be careful how you live, not as fools but as those who are wise.  Make the most of every opportunity for doing good in these evil days.  Don't act thoughtlessly, but try to understand what the Lord wants you to do.  Don't be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, let the Holy Spirit fill and control you.  Then you will sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, making music to the Lord in your hearts.  And you will always give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. (Verses 15-20)

Let’s make the most of the opportunities that the Lord gives us by trying to understand what God wants us to do.  There is no better spirit than the Holy Spirit to fill and control our lives.  Sing psalms and spiritual songs in all times in your life.  Always give thanks.  Now that is the Christ-like attitude that we should strive for!


Enough mumbling for now…  Peace Out

1 comment: