Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Joyful, Restful & Secure. Psalm 16-17; Philippians 1

May the mumbling commence!

With the Lord at our side, we will not be shaken.  We will not be moved.  Joy will be our reward.  We rest safely and securely in the Lord’s hand.  Read from Psalm Sixteen:

I will bless the Lord who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me. 
I know the Lord is always with me.
I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. 

No wonder my heart is filled with joy, and my mouth shouts his praises!
My body rests in safety. 
For you will not leave my soul among the dead
or allow your godly one to rot in the grave. 
You will show me the way of life,
granting me the joy of your presence
and the pleasures of living with you forever. (Verses 7-11)

O how wonderful to be with the Lord!  The very thought steadies me.  God is the best personal trainer for my heart attitudes. 

What joy!  What safety!  What rest is ours!

There is joy in the presence in the presence of the Lord.  It is worth repeating.  There are pleasures beyond our imagination when we live with the Lord forever.

Through Christ, death in defeated.  Decay is not in our future when we trust in Jesus.  Praise the Lord!

May that message of life be preached no matter the motive – just as the Apostle Paul wrote in Philippians chapter one:

Some are preaching out of jealousy and rivalry. But others preach about Christ with pure motives.  They preach because they love me, for they know the Lord brought me here to defend the Good News.  Those others do not have pure motives as they preach about Christ. They preach with selfish ambition, not sincerely, intending to make my chains more painful to meBut whether or not their motives are pure, the fact remains that the message about Christ is being preached, so I rejoice. And I will continue to rejoice.  For I know that as you pray for me and as the Spirit of Jesus Christ helps me, this will all turn out for my deliverance. (Verses 15-19)

Yes, even when it causes me pain and grief, the preaching of the message of life through Christ Jesus is a cause for unbridled rejoicing.  There is no end to the joy.

May it be so!

Enough mumbling for now…


Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment