Thursday, April 10, 2014

God's Great Power. Job 26-27; Galatians 2

May the mumbling commence!

Oh how great is the Lord our God!  God whispers in His power and we hear booming thunder.  Read the words of Job from chapter twenty-six:

"The dead tremble in their place beneath the waters. 
The underworld is naked in God's presence.
There is no cover for the place of destruction. 
God stretches the northern sky over empty space
and hangs the earth on nothing. 
He wraps the rain in his thick clouds,
and the clouds do not burst with the weight. 
He shrouds his throne with his clouds. 
He created the horizon when he separated the waters;
he set the boundaries for day and night. 
The foundations of heaven tremble at his rebuke. 
By his power the sea grew calm.
By his skill he crushed the great sea monster. 
His Spirit made the heavens beautiful,
and his power pierced the gliding serpent. 

These are some of the minor things he does, merely a whisper of his power.
Who can understand the thunder of his power?" (Verses 5-14)

God speaks clearly and eloquently in the creation.  Everything is tame in the Creator’s hands.  What power God displays in the might of nature!  Yet these are minor things!  They are merely a whisper… a rumor of God’s immense power.

Do you wish to see the greatness of the power of our Lord God?  Read from Galatians chapter two:

But what if we seek to be made right with God through faith in Christ and then find out that we are still sinners? Has Christ led us into sin? Of course not!  Rather, I make myself guilty if I rebuild the old system I already tore down.  For when I tried to keep the law, I realized I could never earn God's approval. So I died to the law so that I might live for God. I have been crucified with Christ.  I myself no longer live, but Christ lives in me. So I live my life in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.  I am not one of those who treats the grace of God as meaningless. For if we could be saved by keeping the law, then there was no need for Christ to die. (Verses 17-21)

Humanly speaking it is impossible to fulfill God’s Law.  So God stepped and took our penalty for our sins through Jesus.  This is amazing grace.  There is nothing in this world more powerful than the grace of our Lord. 

Though we do our best to obey the Lord, we are saved by grace.  Help us, O  Holy Spirit to walk in the Way of Christ Jesus!

Enough mumbling for now…


Peace Out 

No comments:

Post a Comment