Saturday, April 12, 2014

Hope in Christ Alone. Job 30-31; Galatians 4

May the mumbling commence!

Who do we put out trust in?  In whom do we hope?  They are important questions.  Read Job’s answers from chapter thirty-one:

"Have I put my trust in money or felt secure because of my gold? 
Does my happiness depend on my wealth and all that I own? 
Have I looked at the sun shining in the skies,
or the moon walking down its silver pathway, 
and been secretly enticed in my heart to worship them? 
If so, I should be punished by the judges,
for it would mean I had denied the God of heaven. 

Have I ever rejoiced when my enemies came to ruin
or become excited when harm came their way? 
No, I have never cursed anyone or asked for revenge. 
My servants have never let others go hungry. 
I have never turned away a stranger
but have opened my doors to everyone.” (Verses 24-32)

Do not trust in wealth.  Wealth comes at it goes.  Do not place stock in the creation.  It is but a work of the great Creator.  And do not rejoice at your enemies’ downfall.  We are all on an even playing field before God.

Give food to the hungry and hospitality to the stranger and you will find the true wealth of God.  Trust only in God to provide as you are generous with your fellow brothers and sisters who live around you.  It is simple, yet it’s so hard to do.

We are talking about the Way to the Lord.  God is always there. We must just look for the Lord and find him.  Read from Galatians chapter four:

Before you Gentiles knew God, you were slaves to so-called gods that do not even exist.  And now that you have found God (or should I say, now that God has found you), why do you want to go back again and become slaves once more to the weak and useless spiritual powers of this world?  You are trying to find favor with God by what you do or don't do on certain days or months or seasons or years.  I fear for you. I am afraid that all my hard work for you was worth nothing.  Dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to live as I do in freedom from these things, for I have become like you Gentiles were – free from the law. (Verses 8-12a)

Embrace the Way of grace, and be freed to do godly works through the Holy Spirit.  Our salvation is not to be earned (it is through faith in Christ Jesus alone).  Yet, our salvation life – living out the kingdom life starts RIGHT NOW.  Be free from sin and live the life that God has for you for the first time.

Thank you, Jesus!

Enough mumbling for now…


Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment