Sunday, November 25, 2012

Crunch Time; Psalm 5; Proverbs 24

May the mumbling commence!

When it is crunch time, where do we go?  There is but one place where we can go for comfort and help in our time of need.  We approach God the King, God my King.  We pray.  We petition. We listen.  And we are transformed.  Read from Psalm five:

Give ear to my words, O Lord,
Consider my meditation. 
Give heed to the voice of my cry, My King and my God,
For to You I will pray. 
My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord;
In the morning I will direct it to You,
And I will look up. (Verses 1-3)

Nearly every day for nearly a couple of years now, I have writing meditations.  I call them mumblings.  I hunger to share my ramblings with you and for you to become a part of the community of people actively engaging the Bible every day.

I can understand the psalmist’s need to be heard by God, to be considered, and to be heeded.  We often want God to work on our time table.  But that just isn’t the way the God works.

It is good for us to vent our uncensored emotions before God.  God already knows our feelings and emotions.  We need to articulate them whenever we can so that we can become more aware of them.  And, when our words fail us, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us with moans and groans.

It is also good for us to look to God – whether we sense God above us or all around us.  We need to look for God and embrace our Lord wherever we find Him.  It begins each and every morning and continues well into our nights.  The Lord can even speak to us in dreams.

Let us listen, understand and obey.  When we do, our lives will be healed and sweetened.  Read from Proverbs chapter twenty-four:

My son, eat honey because it is good,
And the honeycomb which is sweet to your taste; 
So shall the knowledge of wisdom be to your soul;
If you have found it, there is a prospect,
And your hope will not be cut off. (Verses 13-14)

Honey is good and sweet and nourishing.  But I found out, by watching a show on rescuing marine animals, I learned the honey has great medicinal properties.  It helps to protect a wounded area.  It draws from the blood stream the needed parts for healing. And it helps to protect from infection.

Now, that is good and sweet!  We are often in the need of protection from infection and contamination.  Often, we are our own worst enemies.  Seek God and be nourished and healed.  In the seeking after God’s heart, we shall accrue knowledge.  When we put that knowledge into practical actions and words, we are living illustrations of wisdom. 

Then, there will be great prospect and hope.  Perhaps the prospect and hope will not be recognizable to those living the ways of the world.  But it is a prospect and hope that will far outlast any hope we think we find elsewhere.  The hope and prospect that comes from God has been here long before any human hope and will be there for us long after.  And the quality is much greater. 

So… choose wisely in crunch time.  Choose God.

Enough mumbling for now…

Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment