Sunday, February 17, 2013

God's Thoughts are Timeless; Psalm 139, Proverbs 15

May the mumbling commence!

God’s thoughts are many and deep.  They overwhelm the mortal mind.  And God’s thoughts are more powerful than the most powerful of human actions.

Think about this:  God was there in the beginning.  God spoke, and it came to pass.  That is power!

I have a four-and-a-half-year-old son, so I know PBS Kids shows more than I like to admit.  There is a show now called Word World.  In the show, there are many different animals that are made up of the letters that spell their name.  When they “Build a Word” that word becomes the object that it spells.

I wish things were so easy!  But, for God, it is that easy.

This about this:  God was there at my beginning.  God was there at your beginning.  God knew His plans for us before we were even born.  There is a compelling argument for the sanctity of life from conception!  Yet, let us also make compelling arguments for the sanctity of life from conception to death.  Anything less would be a divided and empty witness.

These are my thoughts when I read this passage from Psalm 139:

For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother's womb. 
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well. 
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 
Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them. 
How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them! 
If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
When I awake, I am still with You. (Verses 13-18)

All life is precious.  All life is precious because all life flows from the expression of God’s every thought and word and action.  Help us, O God, to be pens and pencils in Your hand as You write Your story – the story that all of us are a part of.

Let us rejoice and be in awe of God’s thoughts made living.  These thoughts are the way of life.  They are light to our lives that no darkness can prevail against.  They make us healthy to our very bones.  Read from Proverbs chapter fifteen:

The way of life winds upward for the wise,
That he may turn away from hell below. (Verse 24)

The light of the eyes rejoices the heart,
And a good report makes the bones healthy. (Verse 30)

Enough mumbling for now…

Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment