Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Crowned Nut; Song of Solomon 5-6, Proverbs 12

May the mumbling commence!

Today is Valentine’s Day.  I dedicate this mumble to my wife of nearly nine years.  I chose the portions of Song of Solomon and Proverbs as I thought about the love of my life.  Read the passage from Song of Solomon chapter six:

I went down to the garden of nuts
To see the verdure of the valley,
To see whether the vine had budded
And the pomegranates had bloomed. 
Before I was even aware,
My soul had made me
As the chariots of my noble people. (Verses 11-12)

Yes, my dear Anita, when you go down to the garden of nuts, you are likely to get a nut – like me.  As our love continues to intertwine together with the love of Christ Jesus, we will see vines budding and pomegranates blooming.  We will see ourselves constantly replanted as we grow and serve God together.

And we hold dear one of the fruits of our union – our beloved son Micah.  May we create a loving and nurturing environment where Micah may grow to learn of our love for him that is based upon the love of Christ for him.  May Micah grow and learn just what God has made him for.

Thank You, O God.  Thank you for crowning me with an excellent wife – the best I’ve ever had.  Read from Proverbs chapter twelve:

An excellent wife is the crown of her husband,
But she who causes shame is like rottenness in his bones. (Verse 4)   

I will close this brief mumble with an invitation to everyone – spend time today with your beloved ones.  Nothing is more precious than time.  I go now to spend time with them this Valentine’s Day.

Enough mumbling for now…

Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment