Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Remember & Worship the Lord. Isaiah 36-37; Revelation 15

May the mumbling commence!

Before we get too proud about our accomplishments, let’s recognize that our success often comes from the Lord.  If we forget that important fact, our fortunes will turn in a devastating way.  Read about the king of Assyria from Isaiah chapter thirty-seven:

“'Whom do you think you have been insulting and ridiculing?
Against whom did you raise your voice?
At whom did you look in such proud condescension?
It was the Holy One of Israel! 
By your messengers you have mocked the Lord.
You have said, "With my many chariots
I have conquered the highest mountains—
yes, the remotest peaks of Lebanon.
I have cut down its tallest cedars and its choicest cypress trees.
I have reached its farthest corners and explored its deepest forests. 
I have dug wells in many a foreign land
and refreshed myself with their water.
I even stopped up the rivers of Egypt so that my armies could go across!" 

But have you not heard?
It was I, the Lord, who decided this long ago.
Long ago I planned what I am now causing to happen,
that you should crush fortified cities into heaps of rubble. 
That is why their people have so little power and are such easy prey for you.
They are as helpless as the grass, as easily trampled as tender green shoots.
They are like grass sprouting on a housetop, easily scorched by the sun. 

But I know you well — your comings and goings and all you do.
I know the way you have raged against me
And because of your arrogance against me,
which I have heard for myself,
I will put my hook in your nose and my bridle in your mouth.
I will make you return by the road on which you came.'" (Verses 23-29)

Forget the Lord, and return to square one.  It’s not two steps forward and one step back.  It’s two steps forward and two or three steps back.  Let’s learn from the mistakes of others.

It’s wise to remember the Lord.  Remember and worship God in all circumstances.  Read from Revelation chapter fifteen:

I saw before me what seemed to be a crystal sea mixed with fire. And on it stood all the people who had been victorious over the beast and his statue and the number representing his name. They were all holding harps that God had given them.  And they were singing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb:
"Great and marvelous are your actions, Lord God Almighty.
Just and true are your ways, O King of the nations. 
Who will not fear, O Lord, and glorify your name?
For you alone are holy.
All nations will come and worship before you,
for your righteous deeds have been revealed." (Verses 2-4)

Our God is great.  Our God is strong.  We remember and run to the Lord at all times. 

Enough mumbling for now…

Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment