Wednesday, July 9, 2014

On Fire with God's Vision! Isaiah 2-3; Revelation 3

May the mumbling commence!

May God’s vision become our vision!  And what is God’s vision?  Read from Isaiah chapter two:

In the last days, the Temple of the Lord in Jerusalem will become the most important place on earth. People from all over the world will go there to worship.  Many nations will come and say, "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the Temple of the God of Israel. There he will teach us his ways, so that we may obey him." For in those days the Lord's teaching and his word will go out from Jerusalem. 
The Lord will settle international disputes. All the nations will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. All wars will stop, and military training will come to an end.  Come, people of Israel, let us walk in the light of the Lord! (Verses 2-5)

Walk in the light of the Lord.  What does that mean?  It means knowing the most important place on earth… being in God’s presence.  It means knowing that the Lord alone can unify such disparate peoples.  It means walking in the Way of the Lord… obediently teaching and practicing the Way of the Lord.

All wars will stop because everyone will want to do nothing more than worship and obey and listen to the Lord.  God unifies.  These things are walking in the light of the Lord.  May it be so!  May we be on fire with this vision and witness to it.  May we purge all indifference.  Read from Revelation chapter three:

"Write this letter to the angel of the church in Laodicea. This is the message from the one who is the Amen – the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation: 
I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish you were one or the other!  But since you are like lukewarm water, I will spit you out of my mouth!  You say, 'I am rich. I have everything I want. I don't need a thing!' And you don't realize that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked.  I advise you to buy gold from me – gold that has been purified by fire. Then you will be rich. And also buy white garments so you will not be shamed by your nakedness. And buy ointment for your eyes so you will be able to see.  I am the one who corrects and disciplines everyone I love. Be diligent and turn from your indifference. 
Look! Here I stand at the door and knock. If you hear me calling and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal as friends.  I will invite everyone who is victorious to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat with my Father on his throne.  Anyone who is willing to hear should listen to the Spirit and understand what the Spirit is saying to the churches." (Verses 14-22)

What is indifference?  It is being neither hot nor cold for the Lord.  It’s apathy and despair.  It’s no wonder that God wants to spit us out of God’s mouth!

Go to God with hope and humility.  Receive purified gold and white garments.  Receive salve for your eyes so that you can see.

There is hope.  God waits us at our doors.  When will we let the Lord into our lives – in every aspect, in every basement and closet space of our lives?  May we have full fellowship with the Lord and all our Christian brothers and sisters.

Enough mumbling for now…


Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment