Thursday, June 12, 2014

All Good & Perfect Things Come down from Heaven. Psalms 137-138; James 1

May the mumbling commence!

Courage and strength come from the Lord.  Give thanks to the Lord.  Sing praises.  Bow down.  Hallelujah!  Read from the beginning of Psalm One-hundred Thirty-eight:

I give you thanks, O Lord, with all my heart;
I will sing your praises before the gods. 
I bow before your holy Temple as I worship.
I will give thanks to your name
for your unfailing love and faithfulness,
because your promises are backed by all the honor of your name
When I pray, you answer me;
you encourage me by
giving me the strength I need. (Verses 1-3)

Thank You, O God, for giving me the strength that I need for this day out of Your unfailing love and faithfulness.  Your promises are unwavering.  We give you honor and glory and praise, as we bow down before you and sing our thanks.  Amen.

Everything good and perfect comes down from You, O God.  Read from James chapter one:

Whatever is good and perfect comes to us from God above, who created all heaven's lights. Unlike them, he never changes or casts shifting shadows.  In his goodness he chose to make us his own children by giving us his true word. And we, out of all creation, became his choice possession. (Verses 17-18)

Just try and count the wonderful, good, pleasing and perfect gifts from the Lord.  They are uncountable.  We are children of God by the Word, Jesus Christ.  We are God’s special possession out of all the Lord has created.

Hallelujah!  Amen.

Enough mumbling for now…


Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment