Saturday, May 10, 2014

Tireless in Praise of God. Psalms 56-57; Second Thessalonians 3

May the mumbling commence!

Even in the darkest of times, there is reason to hope.  What is the reason for my confident hope?  God is my hope.  I have no need for another.  Awake and arise this new day knowing that the Lord is God and He is good… all the time.  Read from Psalm Fifty-seven:

My heart is confident in you, O God;
no wonder I can sing your praises! 
Wake up, my soul!
Wake up, O harp and lyre!
I will waken the dawn with my song
I will thank you, Lord, in front of all the people.
I will sing your praises among the nations
For your unfailing love is as high as the heavens.
Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds. 
Be exalted, O God, above the highest heavens.
May your glory shine over all the earth. (Verses 7-11)

God is breathing new life into this day.  I await the day with joyous expectation.  Maybe I will follow Jesus better today than I did yesterday.

I am confident because of God’s unfailing love and faithfulness.  Even when I am not faithful, God is.  God can be no other way than faithful.

And it is graduation season.  I will be going to the second graduation ceremony in as many Saturdays.  It is a time to celebrate the closing of one chapter of life and the opening of another.

We are joyful among all the people and nations.  Our hearts burst with songs of praise and adoration for the Lord God.  To You be the glory, O God!

In honor of Your holy Name, may we graduate into a new level of obedience to Your will, O Lord.  May we not be idle.  May we find the work You have given us and never tire of doing it… just as the Apostle Paul encouraged the Thessalonians near the end of Second Thessalonians.  Read from chapter three:

Yet we hear that some of you are living idle lives, refusing to work and wasting time meddling in other people's business.  In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we appeal to such people – no, we command them: Settle down and get to work. Earn your own living.  And I say to the rest of you, dear brothers and sisters, never get tired of doing good. (Verses 11-13)

Never tire of doing good that bring glory and honor and praise to the Most High God.   May it be so in our lives!

Enough mumbling for now…

Peace Out



No comments:

Post a Comment