Saturday, September 20, 2014

Overcoming Troubled Waters. Daniel 7-8; John 16

May the mumbling commence!

It’s easy to be troubled when we do not understand how God is working in the world.  It was true for Daniel.  It’s true for us.  Read the last verse of Daniel chapter eight:

Then I, Daniel, was overcome and lay sick for several days. Afterward I got up and performed my duties for the king, but I was greatly troubled by the vision and could not understand it. (Verse 27)

Daniel was troubled by his dreams.  He did not understand them.  Why should we claim to understand them?  Neither can we understand the ways of this world… or the way that God works.

The one thing that we can know is that Jesus us the Great Overcomer.  We need know nothing else.  Read from John chapter sixteen:

Jesus asked, "Do you finally believe?  But the time is coming – in fact, it is already here – when you will be scattered, each one going his own way, leaving me alone. Yet I am not alone because the Father is with me.  I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."  (Verses 31-33)    

Jesus has overcome.  Jesus has won.  Enough said!

Enough mumbling for now…


Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment