Saturday, September 13, 2014

For the Sake of God's Holy Name - Part II. Ezekiel 38-39; John 10

May the mumbling commence!

In case we missed it, there is that message again…  The same message we were given yesterday.  We are slow learners.  We need to hear it again and again.  God’s mercies and graces are new every day.  Let’s embrace that restoration that God offer us.  Read from Ezekiel chapter thirty-nine:

"So now the Sovereign Lord says: I will end the captivity of my people; I will have mercy on Israel, for I am jealous for my holy reputationThey will accept responsibility for their past shame and treachery against me after they come home to live in peace and safety in their own land. And then no one will bother them or make them afraid.  When I bring them home from the lands of their enemies, my holiness will be displayed to the nationsThen my people will know that I am the Lord their God – responsible for sending them away to exile and responsible for bringing them home. I will leave none of my people behind.  And I will never again turn my back on them, for I will pour out my Spirit upon them, says the Sovereign Lord." (Verses 25-29)

God leaves none of the Great Shepherd’s sheep behind.  Though we have wandered, God will gather us.  Let’s acknowledge and accept our responsibility for the sins we have done.  Let’s accept the forgiveness of God – that’s grace.

And let’s live the life that God has intended for us.  If we do, then God’s holiness will be on display for all peoples.  The Lord has redeemed us.  And we are unworthy people.  God accepted and protected us as we are… then God gave us the Holy Spirit so that we might be transformed.

And Jesus is the gate for that wonderful display of mercy and grace.  Read from the words of Jesus in the gospel according to John chapter ten:

"I assure you, I am the gate for the sheep," he said.  "All others who came before me were thieves and robbers. But the true sheep did not listen to them.  Yes, I am the gate. Those who come in through me will be saved. Wherever they go, they will find green pastures.  The thief's purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give life in all its fullness.” (Verses 7b-10)

Jesus’ Way is the Way.  Let’s go through life like Jesus would.  That’s to live life in all its fullness.  That’s to have the Holy Spirit of the living God upon us.

Amen.  So be it!

Enough mumbling for now…

Peace Out


No comments:

Post a Comment