Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Inner Conflict; Romans 5-8

May the mumbling commence!

Do you ever feel that you have inner conflict?  If you do, does this inner conflict make you worry?  If so, relax.  It is more problematic if you never feel that inner conflict.  Read from Romans chapter seven (NIV):

So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me.  For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. (Verses 21-23)

Each of us is a microcosm of the conflict that is inherent in all creation.  Our present and future are at stake.  If we feel no inner conflict, then perhaps we are not seeking the narrow path and the narrow gate.  Perhaps we are not wanting and seeking to do well.

When we try to live righteously, the devil and his allies will try to prevent us from doing so.  We become a part of the battle for our souls.  There is conflict between what God has made us for and what the world tries to tempt us to become.

Both natures are there – one to do right and one to do evil.  It depends upon us to choose one or the other.  The one we pursue more, the one we feed more, will grow… and will eventually overcome the other.

Seek to do right and wage war, knowing that victory is secure through the work of Jesus.  Wage war in this way and know that you have started the journey to being on God’s side.  And there is no better place to be!

Enough mumbling for now…

Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment