Monday, August 26, 2013

God is My Pilot; Romans 5-8

May the mumbling commence!

Offer yourself to God.  When you do, it’s like signing a blank piece of paper that the Lord will fill in.  Have you ever seen the bumper stickers that read “God is my co-pilot”?  My response is: “You better move over”.  God’s Spirit pilots the lives of those who choose to follow the Way of Christ.  And the less I try to navigate, the better.

That, my friends, is being alive to God.  Read from Romans chapter six (NIV):

Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires.  Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness.  For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace. (Verses 12-14)

If I try to steer my own ship or even try to force my navigation on the pilot, I will make a terrible mistake.  My decisions are often based on the various needs and drives of my body.  And that basis is short-sighted at best and plain detrimental evil at worst.

God, I hand over to you my life.  Do with it as you please.  I trust that you have my best interests in mind.  I trust that I will never be disappointed in the end.  I trust that I will be surprised and, at times shocked, at your generosity – your amazing grace.

Yes, God is my pilot.  Period!

Enough mumbling for now…

Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment