Monday, August 12, 2013

Answer the Roll Call of God; Romans 5-8

May the mumbling commence!

The school year draws nigh.  I remember my days in public school.  I remember my first day of school for a new year.  I remember needing to stand and acknowledge when I heard my name called.  I stood to honor my teacher.

The question is – Will I stand to answer the call of my God?  How will I honor God?  The Lord calls us by name.  Read from Romans chapter eight (Peterson’s The Message paraphrase):

God knew what he was doing from the very beginning.  He decided from the outset to shape the lives of those who love him along the same lines as the life of his Son.  The Son stands first in the line of humanity he restored.  We see the original and intended shape of our lives there in him.  After God made that decision of what his children should be like, he followed it up by calling people by name.  After he called them by name, he set them on a solid basis with himself.  And then, after getting them established, he stayed with them to the end, gloriously completing what he and begun. (Verses 28-30)

Answer the call, my brothers and sisters.  Answer God.  How do we answer well?  Look to Christ Jesus.  In him, we see the original and intended shape for our lives in God.  That intent is seen in the Way Jesus lived… the Way he taught (the two matched, by the way)… the Way he died… and the Way he was restored to life – resurrected forevermore.

So listen.  Hear the call of God to you.  And answer that call.  Stand and be counted.  Stand and follow the Way of Christ Jesus.

Enough mumbling for now…

Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment