Monday, May 20, 2013

Life-Giving joy; Philippians

May the mumbling commence!

As we allow the Spirit of Christ to work through us, we receive complete and unwavering joy.  This joy gives us a reason to be… a reason to live.  True Christian joy is life.  Read from Philippians chapter one (NLT):

I'm torn between two desires: Sometimes I want to live, and sometimes I long to go and be with Christ. That would be far better for me, but it is better for you that I live.  I am convinced of this, so I will continue with you so that you will grow and experience the joy of your faith.  Then when I return to you, you will have even more reason to boast about what Christ Jesus has done for me. (Verses 23-26)

When we live for Christ, we live for others.  As we live for others, our joy is expanded exponentially.  When we live for one another our experience of joy in our living faith with grow and grow.

And this growth in joy is a gift of God through Jesus Christ.  Let us boast in that gift!  Look at what Jesus has done for me.  Look at what Jesus has done for us.

Yes, true Christian joy is life… a reason to be… a reason to live.  True Christian joy is complete, unwavering and life-giving.

Enough mumbling for now…

Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment