Monday, January 6, 2014

Gratitude for Fruitfulness. Ruth 3-4; John 15

May the mumbling commence!

The extravagance of Boaz was returned by Ruth.  She chose to be redeemed by Boaz even though there were younger and richer man than he was.  Read from Ruth chapter three:

"I am your servant Ruth," she replied. "Spread the corner of your covering over me, for you are my family redeemer." 
"The Lord bless you, my daughter!" Boaz exclaimed. "You are showing more family loyalty now than ever by not running after a younger man, whether rich or poor.  Now don't worry about a thing, my daughter. I will do what is necessary, for everyone in town knows you are an honorable woman.  But there is one problem. While it is true that I am one of your family redeemers, there is another man who is more closely related to you than I am.  Stay here tonight, and in the morning I will talk to him. If he is willing to redeem you, then let him marry you. But if he is not willing, then as surely as the Lord lives, I will marry you! Now lie down here until morning." 
So Ruth lay at Boaz's feet until the morning, but she got up before it was light enough for people to recognize each other. For Boaz said, "No one must know that a woman was here at the threshing floor."  Boaz also said to her, "Bring your cloak and spread it out." He measured out six scoops of barley into the cloak and helped her put it on her back. Then Boaz returned to the town. (Verses 9b-15)

Oh, how acts of kindness multiply!  Why don’t we start that chain reaction in 2014?  It will lead to great things… godly things.  Read how the Lord blessed Ruth and Boaz from Ruth chapter four:

This is their family line beginning with their ancestor Perez:
Perez was the father of Hezron. 
Hezron was the father of Ram.
Ram was the father of Amminadab. 
Amminadab was the father of Nahshon.
Nahshon was the father of Salmon. 
Salmon was the father of Boaz.
Boaz was the father of Obed. 
Obed was the father of Jesse.
Jesse was the father of David.  (Verses 18-22)

Now that’s what we call remaining or abiding in the Vine, in Jesus.  Now that is fruit for the generations!  Read from John chapter fifteen:

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.  He cuts off every branch that doesn't produce fruit, and he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more.  You have already been pruned for greater fruitfulness by the message I have given you.  Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful apart from me. (Verses 1-4)

Let it be so.  Amen and Amen.

Enough mumbling for now…


Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment