Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Greatest Desire; Psalm 27, Proverbs 3

May the mumbling commence!

Christmas is coming!  What is the greatest desire of your heart?  I hope that my desire might parallel the desire of the psalmist of Psalm twenty-seven:

One thing I have desired of the Lord,
That will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord
All the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the Lord,
And to inquire in His temple. 
For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion;
In the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me;
He shall set me high upon a rock. (Verses 4-5)

My one goal this Advent and Christmas season is to seek out the Lord, wherever I may find Him.  I want to behold His beauty in the delicate crystallizations in all the unique snowflakes.  I want to behold God’s beauty in Christmas carolers singing of the great joy of the season.  I want to behold the beauty of my Lord in the joy and wonder in the eyes of the youngest children on Christmas morn. 

May we recapture that delight in our later years!  It is one key to a warm welcome of the Christ child anew into every nook and cranny of our lives.  Come and change us in deep ways – so that we might be what God created us to be.  May you and I together be the temple of the Lord.  May others see that in us – so that they are attracted to the God who so dearly loves everyone of them.

And there is no safer place for us to be than in the Lord’s presence.  Be aware of it all around you.  Our awareness of the Lord is key.  It is far too easy to miss the quiet call of our Lord.  Practice that awareness and rejoice in the protection that God provides.

May we trust only in the Lord, as it states quite clearly in Proverbs chapter three: (Yes, I know that I accidentally skipped a chapter of Proverbs, and I am going back now it pick it up.)

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding; 
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths. (Verses 5-6)

Let us make certain that Jesus is not our co-pilot.  Let’s make sure to give Jesus the wheel of our lives.  Trust Christ, and you cannot possibly go wrong.

Enough mumbling for now…

Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment