Sunday, June 16, 2013

Goodbyes are Hard! First Thessalonians

May the mumbling commence!

Saying goodbye and getting closure is a most difficult thing for me.  This was a difficult day for me.  I had to say goodbye to the wonderful fifth and sixth graders that I have come to know.  I had to say goodbye to the wonderful staff… my co-workers in Christ this week.  Yes, I’ve renewed friendships and gained new ones.  I look forward to next year with the hope that many of us will return (both staff and children).

It is a long trip back from a mountain top experience to the everyday humdrum of life.  I am trying to return as slowly as I can, but new ministries are waiting for me as I return.  I have set aside much of the afternoon (of the sixteenth) to get caught up on my blog… and to start getting caught up with some laundry.

When it comes down to it, I want to wish both my old and new friends the same wishes that Paul extended to the Thessalonian church at the end of First Thessalonians chapter five (NIV):

May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.  The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it. (Verses 23-24)

Be sanctified by the God of peace – a peace that penetrates all of our beings.  May the Spirit of the living God keep you safe and blameless until we meet again or until the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Each one of us has begun a new work in Christ Jesus.  It is Christ who calls us… and he is faithful to finish that work.

Praise God!

Enough mumbling for now…

Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment