Monday, June 24, 2013

Getting It All Together; First Thessalonians

May the mumbling commence!

Have you got it all together?  In the very rare times when I think I’ve got it all together, I am not so confident where I put it!  I am so glad that having all my ducks in a row is not entirely on my shoulders.  I am not talking about only the immediate here.  I am talking about the eternal.

Read how Paul closes his first letter to the Thessalonians – First Thessalonians chapter five (Peterson’s The Message paraphrase):

May God himself, the God who makes everything holy and whole, make you holy and whole, put you together – spirit, soul, and body – and keep you fit for the coming of our Master, Jesus Christ.  The One who called you is completely dependable.  If he said it, he’ll do it!
Friends, keep up your prayers for us.  Greet all the Christians there with a holy embrace.  And make sure this letter gets read to all the brothers and sisters.  Don’t leave anyone out.
The amazing grace of Jesus Christ be with you! (Verses 23-28)   

It is God and God only who makes everything holy and whole.  If you wish to be holy and whole – spirit, body and soul – then you must depend upon God, who is completely dependable. 

If God says it, God does it.  That is a powerful thought, a powerful truth.  The power of God’s speech has no known bounds.  God says it and speaks it into being.  And that breath of life is within us!

Let us pray for that connection between ourselves and the Holy Spirit of the living God.  Pray for other Christians – near or far.  Embrace one another with the love of Christ.  Be at great pains to leave no one out.

We are enabled to do these things through the amazing grace of God through the work of Jesus Christ.  And it is amazing grace.  I don’t know where I would be today without it!

Enough mumbling for now…

Peace Out


No comments:

Post a Comment