Monday, December 16, 2013

A Song to Remember with All Your Might. Deuteronomy 31-32; Luke 21

May the mumbling commence!

There is a song of remembrance that echoes throughout the ages.  It is eventually remembered no matter how far we slip into a prodigal childhood.  Its words were recorded by Moses, and these words are found in Deuteronomy chapter thirty-two.  Read the last stanza below:

"Indeed, the Lord will judge his people,
and he will change his mind about his servants,
when he sees their strength is gone
and no one is left, slave or free. 
Then he will ask, 'Where are their gods,
the rocks they fled to for refuge? 
Where now are those gods,
who ate the fat of their sacrifices
and drank the wine of their offerings?
Let those gods arise and help you!
Let them provide you with shelter! 
Look now; I myself am he!
There is no god other than me!
I am the one who kills and gives life;
I am the one who wounds and heals;
no one delivers from my power! 
Now I raise my hand to heaven
and declare, "As surely as I live, 
when I sharpen my flashing sword
and begin to carry out justice,
I will bring vengeance on my enemies
and repay those who hate me. 
I will make my arrows drunk with blood,
and my sword will devour flesh—
the blood of the slaughtered and the captives,
and the heads of the enemy leaders."' (Verses 36-42)

Though we may run and hide behind boulders… though we may go pray and kneel to our little tin gods of money, fortune and fame… we cannot go anywhere God is not.  God will never give up calling for the lost.  The Lord God is always ready at our cry of distress to Him – read to deliver.  So remember!  Remember through this song.  Read it in its entirety in Deuteronomy. 

Sing it out!  Give your all – just like the widow at the Temple collection box.  Read from Luke chapter twenty-one:

While Jesus was in the Temple, he watched the rich people putting their gifts into the collection box.  Then a poor widow came by and dropped in two pennies.  "I assure you," he said, "this poor widow has given more than all the rest of them.  For they have given a tiny part of their surplus, but she, poor as she is, has given everything she has." (Verses 1-4)

O God, I offer to you all that I am.  Lord, we offer to you all that we are.  Everything!

Enough mumbling for now… 

Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment